Video: 4°C isn’t cold enough!
4°C isn’t cold enough for the Polar Bear Swim! But luckily we still have a week and a half for the temp to drop. 🥶 Visit https://nelsonpolarbearswim.com/ Here are some swimming tips for a successful experience!
- Follow 100% of BC Provincial Health Officer guidelines related to COVID-19.
- If you have a heart condition – just watch!
- Children can swim with and be supervised by an adult.
- Do not drink alcohol – it does not warm you up – it accelerates hypothermia.
- Do not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in air.
- Do not remove your clothing until swim time.
- Wearing water shoes or socks into the water is recommended to keep your feet warmer as you get dressed after your plunge.
- Warm up with coffee or hot chocolate around a fire!
- Have fun and play safe.